The explorer has died yet again. This time instead of being stuck in my garage, it left me and Steve stranded in Quincy. We took it because I wanted to go to the Salvation Army to look at furniture (that may seem cheap, but they have good stuff sometimes!) and I wanted to be able to take anything I found home with me. But unfortunately after we left my eye doc after my appointment, the truck wouldn't run. It would start but it wouldn't stay running for more than a few seconds. So I called my mom and tried to figure out what the heck to do because I didn't have any idea or a phonebook. Mom managed to get ahold of a towing company that would tow it back to Keokuk for $3/mile without any other charges so I thought that was a pretty good deal. The guy even offered to lest us ride back with him which was a huge plus and saved my mom time and gas money from coming to get us. It ended up costing $123 dollars and I was able to have it dropped off at my service shop. I took my keys down this morning and told them what was going on with it. So for now, I am driving my grandpa's big ol' dodge pick-up truck that drives like a tank. It's so freaking huge it barely fits in the garage. However, it runs and will get me wherever I need to go.
So I will be in the market for a newer car pretty soon I imagine. I hope to find something reasonable that will last me a long time and will provide all the stuff that I need. It will be neat to actually have a choice in what I drive. So, unless there is nothing major with the truck and maybe even then, we will likely be getting rid of it. It is just too much of a liability to have it not be trust worthy (I typed truck worthy first - more fitting!) to get me back home!
Steve started his new job today and it has been so strange not being able to talk to him all day. He has orientation during the day shift so at least he will be home when I get there. That's a huge plus!
No comments:
Post a Comment